What you will find at our
Christian Science Wednesday Evening Testimony Meetings
|A message of inspiration and instruction on a focused topic of spiritual value|
|Personal expressions of gratitude for healing experienced through the application of Christian Science in daily life|
|Individuals who are learning to overcome life’s challenges through prayer, spiritual growth, and regeneration through living the qualities of the Christ|
|Acknowledgment of God’s ever-present and tender care for all of His children|
- One of our elected Readers presents passages he or she has selected on a focused topic from the Holy Bible and from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.
- During the “experiences, testimonies, and remarks” portion of the meeting, members of the congregation are given the opportunity to speak about ways in which they have applied the example of Christ Jesus and the teachings of Christian Science in daily life.
- Testimonies typically include healings of sickness or disease, sin overcome, lessons learned, or spiritual inspiration gained. Challenges met may include financial, social, physical, moral, or those from any other area of life.
- Preceding our Wednesday evening meetings, from 7:00 to 7:30, our on-site Reading Room is open for visitors to browse, study, purchase, or borrow items from our vast store of Christian Science literature. (See our Reading Room page on this website for more information.)
- Visitors are always welcome to come and listen, and childcare is available for small children.
We follow the order of services indicated in the Manual of The Mother Church by Mary Baker Eddy:
- Reading from the Bible, and correlative passages from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy
- Silent prayer, followed by the audible repetition of the Lord’s Prayer
- Experiences, testimonies, and remarks on Christian Science
- Closing Hymn