Christian Science Reading Room
|A Christian Science Reading Room is a unique place provided for the public by Sixteenth Church where all visitors and church members can expect to find a peaceful atmosphere in which to pursue their personal study of the Bible and Christian Science literature. If needed, a librarian will gladly answer questions or assist in guiding you through our extensive print and audio resources.|
Reading Rooms all over the world are staffed and maintained by local Branch Churches of the Mother Church in Boston. Materials are available to borrow or purchase from the Christian Science Publishing Society at each location. We welcome all to partake of the rich variety of inspirational, historical and archival, as well as spiritual resources that our denomination has to offer. Among them are…
- A free lending library
- A complete collection of bound volumes of articles from past issues of the Christian Science Journal and Christian Science Sentinels
- The newest publications from the Christian Science Publishing Society
- Used books are available for a donation
- A children’s corner for young people to explore books and tapes on the Bible and Christian Science
- A unique collection of early writings of Mary Baker Eddy including all the major revisions of her textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
- An extensive collection of Bibles in many foreign languages for study or purchase
We provide ample parking or we can be reached by public transportation.
We look forward to serving you!
Reading Room Hours
You are welcome to visit on Sunday mornings immediately following our service, and on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. preceding our testimony meeting.