What you will find at our
Christian Science Thanksgiving
|An inspiring Lesson-Sermon|
|Joyful expressions of heartfelt gratitude for God’s spiritual creation, His ever-presence and all-power, and our abundant blessings|
|Spontaneous testimonies by individual Christian Scientists acknowledging Christian Science healing in everyday life|
|Hymns of inspiration and praise, sung by the congregation|
|Children attend the Thanksgiving Day service with their families|
|Nursery care is provided for little children and infants|
- Christian Science rests on the words and works of Christ Jesus, our Wayshower, whose teachings and practice are at the heart of all of our services.
- Christian Science has no ordained clergy. Each branch of The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts, U. S. A., is democratically organized by its members.
- Two elected church members conduct services and read correlated passages from the Holy Bible and the textbook of Christian Science, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, the Discoverer, Founder, and Leader of Christian Science.
- The Thanksgiving Lesson-Sermon is published in The Christian Science Quarterly well in advance. Christian Scientists the world over study its passages from the Holy Bible and Science and Health prior to its being read at the Thanksgiving service..
- During the testimony portion of the service, Christian Scientists in the congregation are invited to express gratitude to God for healings, for His great abundance and care, and for benefits received through their study and application of Christian Science.
- These testimonies typically include healings of sickness or disease, sin overcome, lessons learned, or spiritual inspiration gained. Challenges met may include financial, social, physical, moral, or those from any other area of life. Often our Sunday School children express their gratitude to God for His many blessings and for healings they have received.
We look forward to celebrating this treasured holiday with you!
No prior knowledge of Christian Science teachings or of the features of our services is needed when visiting a Christian Science church.